How to measure your bracelet size
Using a piece of string (or fabric measuring tape), measure your wrist just above the wrist bone (towards your elbow, not your hand). This is the circumference of your wrist. Depending on the type of fit you would like, add the following to your measured wrist circumference to get a final bracelet size:
- Snug fit (won't move much): add 1/4" to 1/2"
- "Comfort" fit (will move, but stay above your hand): add 3/4" to 1"
- Loose fit (will drape down on your hand a bit): add 1-1/4"
Pick the bracelet size closest to this final calculation for the type of fit you desire.
For example, if I measured my wrist as 5.75" and would like a snug fit, I would pick a size 6" as my bracelet size. If I wanted my bracelet to move a bit (comfort fit), I'd pick a size 6.5". If I wanted a loose fit that would hang down a bit on the top of my hand, I'd pick size 7".
Do you want a snug or loose fit?
That will depend on your personal style and the type of bracelet.
- If you are buying a delicate bracelet on a chain, I suggest picking a snug fit.
- Most clasp bracelets (such as the Tigereye Stone With Copper On Greek Leather Bracelet) are usually worn as a comfort fit.
- When choosing bangles or bracelets with larger stones (such as the Personalized Aromatherapy Chakra Bracelet) it's typical to choose a loose fit so you don’t feel like you are strangling your wrist - and so it looks good!
If you are buying a gift and don't know the recipient's wrist size, here are the general guidelines for bracelet sizing.
|Average||7.5" - 8"|
|2-5 years old||5.5"|
|6-8 years old||6"|
|9-13 years old||6.5"|
|13+ years old||Women's sizing|
If you see a bracelet you like but need it made custom to your size - just let me know (contact me here). I'll make it your size for no extra cost!